God? Help? Drugs?

I’m 17 years old, and have a huge problem. At the beginning of 2007, I met some new friends at school and started hanging out with them, one thing lead to another, and now I smoke cigarettes, marijuana, and I’ve started drinking.

I want to be close to God, more than anything, and I know I need to stop. I know doing these things are wrong, and I tell myself I won’t do them anymore, but every single time one of my friends calls me to come and hang out, I end up going, and doing the things. Because of my decisions and ignoring the advice of a few friends from my youth group, I’ve lost the two best friends, I’ve ever had & it breaks my heart to think that I chose getting “numb” for a few hours over my friendship with these two girls. I want to be good again and I’m not sure how to start…right now I feel like I don’t even have a relationship with God. Some friends in my youth group say read your Bible and talk to God, but honestly I don’t feel like im connecting...

Best Answer

Talk to your pastor, or youth pastor. Go back and talk to your friends from your youth group. If they are Christians, they more than likely will help you, but you have to be honest with them, and be sincere in what you are asking. PRAY!!!!!! Prayer is the most important thing. The flesh is weak, but Jesus is strong. We all need Jesus to be our Rock. When we depend on ourselves, we are always let down. Jesus said to lay your burdens on Him. He loves you, and is tugging at your heart right now, because you are feeling convicted of what you have been doing. But, in order for Him to help you, you MUST SURRENDER yourself to Him. DENY YOURSELF, pick up your cross, and FOLLOW HIM. He will never let you down. I promise. As long as your walk is with Him. We all have sinned, and have fallen short of the Glory of God. We are ALL in need of a Savior. Dear One, please go back to your Christian friends. My pastor once told me, "You are who you hang out with." He is right. You are having a lot of peer pressure right now. I have two kids. One is about to turn 18, and the other will be 17. Believe me, I know a little about teens, and what their pressures are. Follow your heart, dear one. Learn to turn away from temptation. We all have temptation in our lives. Please don't get caught up in the drug scene. I know from experience that it will get you to a place you won't want to be once you are there. Satan is working on you. You are straddling the fence, and that is NOT the place to be. I have been freed from the bondage of drugs and alcohol myself, so I know what I am talking about. It is a path leading to destruction! I can tell you believe in God, just by the way you talk. If you believe in God, then you must know that your body does not belong to you. It is a temple for the Holy Spirit. If you choose to use drugs, the Holy Spirit will not be in you, but evil spirits will come, and they will not leave unless the Holy Spirit sends them away. You can't do this yourself. Please don't fool yourself into thinking you can. We need the strength of the Lord. Put on the "Full Armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded you waist with the TRUTH, having put on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod you feet with the preparation of the GOSPEL OF PEACE; above all, taking up the SHIELD OF FAITH, which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take up the HELMET OF SALVATION, and the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, which is the WORD OF GOD; PRAYING ALWAYS, with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--" Eph.6:11-18

I have been in your shoes! I have felt the things you have felt in regard to all this. RUN AWAY from the friends and the dope. You will make more bad mistakes than you can ever get over, RUN. TURN AWAY AND DoNT LooK BACK!

Here is help. Here is what I found. This made all the difference in life for me and I want you to at least weigh and consider what I am going to tell you.

First---- Do not be tricked by the devil, God has His eyes on you, not to catch you messing up, but because He adores you,He can't take His eyes off you--you are a precious loved one to Him. God's Son endured a horrible beating and death in order to get the message across to us hard-headed humans that He desires us to be so in tight and close to Him.

The love He has for us is not measurable. He will not force it upon us but longs for us to respond to Him with grateful attitudes and lives that do not want to disappoint His love.

Second-----For me to feel close to God again and be assured of His smiling down on my life, I had to make the move and put the sinful stuff down. I had to leave the uncool and unclean stuff behind--until I did, I just kept feeling dirty and guilty. You may feel as though you can't, but you can. He will help you. Actually, He made the first move already--He is just waiting for you to tell Him you love Him back with actions that prove your willingness and desire for a terrific and mindblowing relationship. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Third---- How will you know how Jesus feels about you if you do not spend time with Him, hear Him, feel Him? My friend, you must talk to the Lord to get to know Him. Like the guys you date, you would never know how much you could care for them if you did not spend time with them. It is the same way with the Lord. Be alone with Him, and if necessary, use words. He knows your heart and mind already--don't let the prayer thing throw you. Get an easy translation of the Bible and read Matthew-thru-John. You will see Jesus.

Don't let human friends be more important to you than your Maker. Don't let smoking, drinking, and dope influence you more than the Magnificent Son of God.

When you make the move towards Him, He will run to meet you.

First you must repent and then say no to those people, submit to God resist the devil and he will flee from you.True friends will forgive you and if they do not that's on them.God loves ya and those people who want you to party are not of God, misery loves company and believe me they are miserable.

Congratulations, you've rewired your brains chemistry and developed detrimental patterns of behavior.

Your will alone is not going to be sufficient. It's okay, help is available.

Get yourself to an NA or AA mtg. We can help because we've been there.

• RT 66

Get some Christian girl friends.

who cares, your 17, drugs arent evil, people have been doing them for all time, either dont do them or stop whining. and why are these things 'wrong', obviously in excess they can be damaging but theres nothing morally wrong about havin a few beers or smoking a spliff

you are who you hang with.... if you want to change, you must be willing to give up the "friends" who drag you down.