Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

How is Marine Corps boot camp tougher than the other branches?

Someone told me that in order of toughest to easiest for boot camps, it goes in the order of Marine Corps, Army, Navy, then Air Force.

How exactly is boot camp for the Marine Corps different and much tougher than the boot camp for the other branches? I thought they all teach you the same thing.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I just love the fact that in order to compare something to Marine Corps training people have to go to other branches Special forces units.

That alone tells you the difference between Marine Corps BOOTCAMP and the other branches bootcamp.

Marine Corps Bootcamp is longer than any other bootcamp, Involves more discipline. the little things matter. You are not allowed to use the words I, Me, You, Him you must refer to yourself as this recruit. in order to just speak like to use the head (bathroom) you have to ask for permission to speak then the question. it would go like this. "Sir this rectuit request permission to speak to Drill instructor SSGT wilson Sir" they would say speak or go away if they say speak then you get to ask your question and it would go like this "Sir this recruit request permission to make a head call Sir"

Every second of your day is spent sitting standing or laying at attention.

The Rifle Qualification is the hardest in any branch shooting at targets at 200, 300 & 500 yards. Real targets not pop ups that dirt can knock down

the phisical fitness requirements are higher than anyother branch.

There are no smoke breaksm there are no soda no liberty, no breaks. You are allowed one phone call during your time in boot camp and their is one visitors day during the 13 weeks you are there.

Ask any marine about the history of the marine corps and they can tell you anything you can ask without having to look it up.

I remember running past the navy's bootcamp in san diego on our afternoon run (you know the one after the morning run) and seeing the navy recruits sitting in bleachers at a class with their shirts off laying back with their feet proped up.

I also remember sitting in a quanset hut in 110 degree weather at attention in a class and Drill instructors walking around with field phones and if you fell asleep they would touch the wires to your neck or ears and crank the phone shocking you awake.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

okay i just graduated from bootcamp *** well it is hard but not in the way you think most of boot camp is alot of mental games yeah sure you do have the physical parts but most of that is easy as can be even the fat ppl in boot camp said the physical stuff was easy but it is very difficult some ppl cant take the stress they put on you everyday i dont know the excat failer rate but we did have 4 guys drop 2 were for injuries 1 was for popping on the piss test and the other was a ***** and could not handle it so it really depends on how tough you are mentally thats the truth we had this one guy who was really weak we didnt think he would make it well he did and he gradauted right beside us so just remember aslong as some on the espirt de corps they can make it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Navy Seal" is not a boot camp. That's a special training school. I went through Marine Corps boot camp four years ago. It has a reputation for being the toughest because it's the longest and the most physically demanding. The Marine Corps doesn't have tougher physical standards, they just have more. In the Air Force, you have to run a mile and a half, in the Corps you have to run three. I disagree with the comment about if AF boot camp was five weeks longer it would be "the toughest". Marine Corps boot camp you get no weekends off, unlike the AF, don't get to go home for holidays, like the Army, and you barely get to eat and you have a limited selection of food, unlike the Army who gets to eat candy and drink soda during boot camp. The limitations the Corps places on recruits is what makes it the toughest, not the actual training, because they MAKE your body be able to do the physical part.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Marine Corps boot camp is a twelve week program with greater intensity than the army. The gender separation of the Marines helps it to expect and get the high standards from it's recruits.

The army basic training is shorter than the Marines. Further, it has dropped it's standards by training men and women together. This dumbed down but politically correct decision by the army, will not win wars, but like so many of it's decisions, it is probably short lived.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no they dont all teach the same thing. the marine basic training is longer than the rest of the branches. it is very physical and mental stressful. a lot of getting through marine boot camp has to do with mind of matter.

• 1 decade ago

US Marine Corps Boot Camp is the longest of all of the US Military Services. USMC Boot Camp is 13 weeks long and is tougher!

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_

Marine_Corps_Boot_Camp#Daily_schedule

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First thing, it's twice as long as the other boot camps and their training is closer to that of the Green Beret (now I said closer not more or better). Marine boot camp deals a lot more with mental disciplines than others do cause if you can't take the mental stress then you're not a good candidate for the Marines.

Source(s): US Marines 76-77
  • 1 decade ago

i was in marine boot camp i got to say it was the best time of my life

• 4 years ago

Sorry, not sure about this

• theo c
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

it makes a man out of a punk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.