Top 4 names?

Thanks to all of your help ive come down to 4 names, 2 for boys, 2 for girls

Boys

Spencer Dimitri

Daren Blake

Girls

Marina Abigail

Helen Greenland

But i have a new one for girls, let me know if you like it...

Joey Christine

And For boys i have

Vito Lawrence

?????????????????????????

Favorite Answer

I love Marina Abigail, and I like Helen, too. I'm not wild about Daren and Spencer, but they're not bad, either.

But I wouldn't name a child just plain Joey. If it were a nickname for Josephine, Josette or Joanna/Johanna/Joanne, it would be cute as can be. But Joey won't take her out of childhood. "This is our Senior Vice President of Finance, Joey Smith." Nah. "Hi, I'm Joey and I'll be your server today at Wild Wings Cafe." Yeah. That fits. It's a dead-end name.

Vito is awfully knee-breaker. I'm half-Sicilian myself, and many of my family names sound like the extras in Goodfellas. Unfortunately, this doesn't translate well into English - Vitus? Vitaly? Witold? (That last would be a name in my Polish husband's family tree - and no better in English than Vito.)

Stick with your original four - they haven't been knocked out yet. :)

• First off, Vito Lawrence sounds like the president is Veto-ing someone named Lawrence! It's like 'Get rid of Lawrence!' SO don't name your kid Vito Lawrence.

I like both names for the boys a lot! I like both middle names. I would go with Spencer Dimitri, though, even though I really like Daren Blake. Spencer Dimitri has a better ring to it.

As for the girl's names, I like both Marina Abigail and Joey Christine. But I don't think you should give her the name Joey, use it as a nickname. Name her Josephine Christine or Jodi Christine.

Hope this helped! and happy new year.

-Jules

Spencer Blake, goes better, Spencer Dimitri

Marina Abigail

I do not like Joey for a girl

Joley Christine

Johannah Christine

Jodee Christine

Joella Christine

Joette Christine

Joey could be used as a nickname for

I'm just not "feelin'" the name Joey for a girl. ...I like Josephine a lot better, with Josie as a nickname.

And while the name Lawrence is ok, Vito reminds me too much of the word veto. But I think he'd be able to pull-off the name if he has an Italian background. Personally, I'd go with Spencer Dmitri. ....Love the name Spencer!

Good luck!

Spencer Dimitri is the most adorable name ever!!!!!

Joey Christine is kinda cute but Joey is a nickname for Josephine. I don't think people just name their kids plain old Joey. I don't really like any of the other girl name combinations. What about Christine Abigail or Josephine (Joey) Abigail? Congrats!!!

Love the names but Id change them around.

Spencer Blake

Dimitri Blake

Id spell it: Abagail Marina and add a second MN or leave it

Abagail Marina Grace

Abagail Marina Rose

I dont like Joey for a girl to masculine and uck. I dont like Vito and Lawrence is a strong MN.

• Lisa

Boy

Spencer Dimitri or Vito Lawrence

(btw, I didn't think of the presidential veto because I know people named Vito!! They're both pronounced differently anyway)

Girl

no to Helen!

no to Joey (i have an uncle joey...lol)

Marina is ok but not something I like...reminds me of marine.

All of the names here are fine with the exception of

Helen Greenland. That is HORRID... Helen sounds old lady like and Greenland? Is that a name that you actually give a child? Sounds like a country or a street name to me.. Not a good choice.

Stick with Marina Abigail and Joey Christine

I like Spencer Dimitri and Marina Abigail

I wouldn't go for Joey for a girl though.

i'm guessing your possibly italian or german?

but for boys, i would defiantly go with spencer dimitri. i could see myself being friends with someone like that. his name would seems like he would have a awesome personality.

for girls i'd say marina abigail. i know a few helens, and they have horrible personalities. i don't think joey would be the best name either. i know a joey, and she is a big tomboy.

congrats on your baby. what a great way to start the new year!