My Left hand Pinky and ring finger are slightly numb?

I am having issues with part of my left hand feeling numb. It is mostly my pinky, some of my ring finger, and part of my hand in that area. It feels like it is traveling almost to my elbow. I have been really sick for the last 5 days and I have been doing nothing but sitting on the couch and I am still coughing... show more I am having issues with part of my left hand feeling numb.
It is mostly my pinky, some of my ring finger, and part of my hand in that area. It feels like it is traveling almost to my elbow.
I have been really sick for the last 5 days and I have been doing nothing but sitting on the couch and I am still coughing hard, so I have to sleep sitting upright.

Sometime yesterday I noticed the wierd feeling in my hand. It is not really cold, or fully numb, but those fingers feel like they are about to fall asleep (without a tingle feeling). This has lasted all of last night, and is worse this morning.

What do you think may be the casue? I do not want to scare myself, so I am thinking that all the sitting had probably pinched a nerve somewhere, and that is why I am numb. Has anyone had this and what did you do?
(Going to the DR will not work- my insurance is canceled tell I can make a payment and the payment office has been closed for 4 days and will not open for another 2!)

Ideas?