Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Men and Women Toilet Paper Question?

I've always wondered from the first time I saw a guy folding toilet paper - why do men tend to fold toilet paper while women tend to scrunch toilet paper before wiping?

Wowy-wow-wow-WOW!

When I said I "saw" a guy folding toilet paper - thats just what I mean, nothing else. It was on MTV Truelife where a guy with OCD was FOLDING his toilet paper meticulously. Of course MTV wouldn't show someone wiping and I wouldn't care to see it. I've also heard some guys mention folding toilet paper before wiping. I even heard a statistic on it a few years back and my female friends found it odd that males fold before wiping because they scrunch too.

I am not voyeuristic.

• Me
    Favorite Answer

Women* are more rushed for time and therefore have no time to "fold"! I just unroll, wipe it, and onto the next task! No thought process involved for me!

HMM ! it seems you have put alot of thought into the physics of folding and scrunching okayy here goes

Women use both sides of their brain more successfully than men thus contributing to the fact that they can multi task so most of the time Women on a Loo seat have already unfoldeded the rest of their day selected what they need to do and scrucnhed the paper after use GE T IT

Men concentrate on one thing at a time and thus having put in so much concentration in taking a dump it would be only respectful to fold the TP before use and dispose take care have a great YEAR 2008

I don't know. My husband folds the toilet paper and I just scrunch. Good question though.

• beth l

I have been married 15 years and have NEVER seen my husband wipe, and have no desire to do so. I will be asking him tonite though if he folds or scrunches.I am ascruncher BTW.

Maybe because we wipe more often. They only wipe once a day we do it every time....

Dang, never thought about that. How many people have you actually "seen"?

I'm a woman who folds, I find that scrunching is sloppy. I always thought it was the opposite.

1 star for interesting.

I wad it up and if I have to I wet it slightly. But if you're gonna wad, buy 1 ply. Your toilet will thank you.

You WATCH people go to the toilet?

Anyway, women should always wipe front to back.

• imamom

Because women are doing it the correct way and men as usual are doing it the wrong way. Why do you think most men have skid marks!!! =)

you must be so totally bored and a voyuer to boot.

seek out a therapist, ,

im a guy and i just wad it up and use it

Men wipe, women pat.