promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

英文翻what money can't buy(6)完

“How did you make your living? Interrupted one of us.

“It went hard with us. She sold what she had except that box over there. I have always been regretful of being unable to provide her with a good living. When the Communists came we made up our minds o go to the South to start life together over again.

Why didn’t you sell the contents of that box?” someone inquired, pointing to the box.

“The box was always double-locked and under no condition was I to touch it It wasn’t until today that I discovered what the contents were. If I had only known sooner, the misfortune would never have occurred. It was just this morning one this deck that I bumped into a gentleman who frequented the brothel and was an admirer of Hsueh He was a millionaire who loved her and was willing to pay me twice as much as I Paid for her.

I thought if she could live with him I would be unspeakably relieved. I was sure he would be kind and gallant to her-and one thousand American dollars is an enormous sum to me. I –“

The bell for dinner was ringing. The crows, having no stomach to listen to him,dispersed.

Update:

請高手翻譯,非翻譯軟體喔...感恩

3 Answers

Rating
  • 小婷
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

“How did you make your living?" Interrupted one of us.

「你們怎麼生活呢?」我們其中一人打岔問。

“It went hard with us. She sold what she had except that box over there. I have always been regretful of being unable to provide her with a good living. When the Communists came we made up our minds o go to the South to start life together over again."

「生活非常艱苦,她賣了她所有的東西,只留下那邊那個箱子,我總是很懊悔不能讓她過好生活,當共產黨來,我們下定決心到南邊,重新開始新生活。」

Why didn’t you sell the contents of that box?” someone inquired, pointing to the box.

「爲什麼你不賣掉那箱子裡的東西?」有人指著箱子問著。

“The box was always double-locked and under no condition was I to touch it It wasn’t until today that I discovered what the contents were. If I had only known sooner, the misfortune would never have occurred. It was just this morning one this deck that I bumped into a gentleman who frequented the brothel and was an admirer of Hsueh He was a millionaire who loved her and was willing to pay me twice as much as I Paid for her.

I thought if she could live with him I would be unspeakably relieved. I was sure he would be kind and gallant to her-and one thousand American dollars is an enormous sum to me. I –“

「那箱子有兩個鎖,而我也一直沒機會去碰觸到那箱子,直到今天我才知道箱子裡裝的東西,如果我能早點知道,悲劇就不會發生了。就在今天早上,我在甲板上遇到以前常出入妓院,愛慕著雪(Hsueh) 的一個男人,他很有錢,他愛她且願意付出當初我爲她贖身的兩倍價錢,我想如果她能跟著他,我無形中也可以鬆一口氣,我相信他會善待她的,而且對我來說,1000元美金是個很大的數目---」

The bell for dinner was ringing. The crows, having no stomach to listen to him,dispersed.

晚餐的鈴聲響起,群眾們受不了再聽下去,紛紛離開了。

Source(s): ME
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

抱歉,最後一小時沒人答我才回答。

• 1 decade ago

您怎麼以為生? 中斷我們當中的一個。

¡ §It艱苦與我們匹配。 她賣了什麼她有,除了箱子在那。 我總是懊的無法提供她以好生活。 當共產主義者來了我們下決心o去南部一起開始生活再。

為什麼didn ¡ ¦t您賣那個箱子內容?¡ ¨某人詢問了,指向箱子。

箱子總給了上雙鎖,并且在沒有情況下接觸它的I它 wasn ¡ ¦t直到我發現的今天什麼內容是。 如果我快只知道,不幸不会發生。 它是正義的這個早晨一我碰到紳士常去妓院并且是 Hsueh欽佩者他是百萬富翁愛她并且是願意兩次支付我和她支付的I一樣多的這個甲板。

我認為她是否可能與我難以說出口被解除的他居住。 我是肯定的他會是親切的,并且忠勇對她和一千美國美元是一個極大的總和對我。

響鈴為晚餐敲響。 烏鴉,有胃聽他,沒有分散。

Source(s): dr.eye
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.