What are some good sources on preforming a good genealogy search on my family.?

I am doing research on my family's heritage. I want to learn how to preform a better search. Do you know any good sources? So far, most of the information I have has been given to me by family members, and the wonderful people from this sight. BTW, thanks for all the help. I want to be able to contribute... show more I am doing research on my family's heritage. I want to learn how to preform a better search. Do you know any good sources? So far, most of the information I have has been given to me by family members, and the wonderful people from this sight. BTW, thanks for all the help. I want to be able to contribute to the search.
Update: Thank you Nothing.
The way I underststand it, we have just about everything in our hertage. So the info you gave will be VERY helpful.
Update 2: Windy C, That is a wonderful ideal. I can't remember ever having a reunion for my dad's side of the family. I'll have to try and find some of the older members of my family so they can help me track down everyone. How wonderful it would be to meet members of my family I haven't got to meet yet. ... show more Windy C, That is a wonderful ideal. I can't remember ever having a reunion for my dad's side of the family. I'll have to try and find some of the older members of my family so they can help me track down everyone. How wonderful it would be to meet members of my family I haven't got to meet yet.

Thanks for your help.