Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 1 decade ago

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player difference???

I´ve got a xbox 360 premium, and i was wondering would it play HD dvds at HD Quality? (i have a hd tv) or would i have to buy the xbox hd dvd player?...i thought hd is built into the xbox so i can play hd movies...but ive seen a hd dvd player for xbox :S

Someone help me please!

Thanks!!

Best Answer

The xbox360 can play dvds, but not hd-dvds unless you buy that hd dvd player for xbox... But it's probably just as good buying a standalone hd-dvd player, which is what I would do =)

you will have to buy the hd dvd player to be able to play hd dvds I have one, and also a PS3 Blu-Ray is by far the best as far as Hi-Def goes on movies but don't get me wrong I love my 360 too

you can the same type of hd-dvd player at wal-mart for half the price...

You would have to buy a separate HD DVD Player which is attached to your X-Box 360 through USB.

It's prudent to check the X-Box site for more information.

The HD dvd player isn't that great if you have an HD T.V its not worth buying because the picture is the same. I think its a total waste of money. Also your xbox plays the dvds.

Source(s): I own one.