Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Diff between Grand Marnier and Cointreau?

Can they be used interchangeably? Do they taste similar?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

In general, the taste is similar but Grand Marnier is more complex and more expensive. I suspect that you could interchange them in some recipes; try it and see.

• 4 years ago

In all honest, just price. Cointreau would be a call, and Grand Marnier would be top shelf. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Never tried Cointreau, but Grand Mariner taste great.

• 1 decade ago

They are both orange flavoured, different brands. I think most people prefer Grand Marnier (that I know). I guess it depends what you're mixing it with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Besides price cointreau does have a bit of a sharper alcohol flavor to it so therefore Grand Marnier is smoother. The question is what drink are you making. For example if you are making a Margeurita, Cointreau is fine even with a high end tequila. However for a Cosmo Grand Marnier is a must because vodka is a much more delicate flavored spirit. So consider your intended use and have fun drinking whichever you choose.

Source(s): Personal Experience as a Bartender.
  • wapiou
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

the taste. they are both good but Grand Marnier is a bit smoother. try and taste chocolates filled with grand marnier. it is fabulous!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

grand marnier is smoother

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.