What is the age limit for joining US military? (With NO Previous Experience)?

I'm suspicious the age limits are there for people re-enlisting. I'm 25 now (gonna be 26 in June '08) and thinking of joining the US Navy or the Coastguard (preferably the reserves) for the first time. Am I too old? I just don't see any other way of paying for my college tuition. It took... show more I'm suspicious the age limits are there for people re-enlisting.

I'm 25 now (gonna be 26 in June '08) and thinking of joining the US Navy or the Coastguard (preferably the reserves) for the first time. Am I too old?

I just don't see any other way of paying for my college tuition. It took me over 4 years to get my associate degree from a community college while working and in the meantime I messed up my credit. I don't think anyone will give me a loan with a decent interest rate now so I just don't see any other option to finishing college other than the GI Bill. Please help!
Update: I think I should clarify I'm only interested in the Navy or the Coastguard