Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Do you know what movie this is?

Here's how my boyfriend described it to me:

There's three witches, overlooking a man's life progress in like, a cauldron or something... He finds a ring which turns out to be one of the witches eyes and eventually stab it, which blinds one of the witches.

He's going nuts trying to figure out what movie it is. Anyone know?

Favorite Answer

My initial thought is this one:

The Beastmaster (1982)

The cast includes Marc Singer, Tanya Roberts, Rip Torn and John Amos. The witches are portrayed by Janet Jones, Janet DeMay and Christine Kellogg. Jones later acted in "American Anthem" and "A League of Their Own" AND is Mrs. Wayne Gretzky! DeMay played receptionist Bernice Foxe on "Remington Steele"~first season only.

IMDB synopsis:

Maax is a twisted cult leader out to steal the thrown of King Zed, but when Zed banishes Maax, he sends one of his three witches to steal Zed's unborn son. Ripping him right out of his mother's womb with magic and placing it a cow's womb, she took him to die. But a brave hunter killed the witch and rescued the young boy. Naming him Dar, they find out at a young age that he possesses the power to communicate with animals. But Maax sends his thugs called the horde to wipe out the peaceful village. Thanks to a brave dog, Dar survives again and makes plans on using his powers to kill Maax to avenge his people and his foster father.

This is from the IMDB page; for some reason this evening, Y!A is not letting me post links! So, I want to state my source.

There also are witches with an eye and a cauldron in "Clash of the Titans", only their eye is passed among them. In "Beastmaster", there is an eye in a ring that gets stabbed. I think it's used by Rip Torn's bad guy to spy on the group. In both movies, the women are making prophecies. The difference is that Don Coscarelli's witches have beautiful bodies then reveal that their faces are ugly. This was Coscarelli's follow-up film to "Phantasm", which had been such a box-office success. Sadly, "Beastmaster" didn't repeat that, causing the writer/director to blame the bigger budget he had been given, saying it made him less-creative!

Yes, I'm addicted to trivia. Sad, isn't it?

Sounds like The Beastmaster. The main character can communicate with animals.

marc singer starred in it

The Beastmaster