JW's on the Big Island of Hawaii???

My hubby and I are going to be in Hawaii from 01/17-01/27. We'll be staying at the Hilton Resort in the Waikoloa Village.

It's been 3 years since I've been to the big island and I have a horrible memory. I'm trying to get my bearings before we leave for a change lol

Anyhow... I pulled up Google Earth and I still can't tell. Will we be closer to the congregation on Mamalohoa Hwy near Kona International Airport or to the northward tip on Hawi Road? (or someplace else I missed entirely?)

I'll be going alone, while my husband is in classes and I get lost VERY easily lol, so the straighter the path the better.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'll call the Brothers when we arrive, but I'm trying to plan ahead to ease some anxiety.

hehe- thanks everyone!

I would LOVE to get a GPS... maybe our car will be equipped with one.

I *think* I've gone out in Service with the Friends on the Big Island... but I confuse them easily.

My husband attends an Opthamologist convention every year in Hawaii. Every year, though they rotate it between Kauai, Maui and the Big Island.

I'm determined to take better notes this year lol.

Thanks for the info about the international convention. I hadn't realized that was coming right up!

Lavender- I suffer panic disorder/extreme anxiety due to a chemical imbalance. I take meds for it and am in counseling. It has NOTHING to do with the congregation. I love traveling and meeting the Friends from all over the world.

My anxiety has to do with leaving my home, my children, my local congregation. I don't like to travel but once I get there I love it lol

Usually I'm a wreck up to 3 months before traveling anywhere... this time my anxiety didn't strike hard until I had under a month to go- a HUGE improvement for me.

Thanks to the link to the WT/A! article. I'm going to listen to it this weekend.

Now, how in the world do I chose a best answer lol.

Hmm.. inny minny miney moe :D

Favorite Answer

Oooooh- I wish I was going to Hawaii!!

Oh, well. You have fun!!!

• Leah

No, Honolulu is the only large city in Hawaii, and it is on Oahu. Hilo is a smaller city, and Kona is even smaller but seems bigger because it is the tourist hub- has both a Walmart and a Target, so it has made the big time.

Wow, I've never been to hawaii. Have a safe trip ok. It's a good thing witnesses are All over the world, you'll find a sister or brother I'm sure.

You are going to one of the most beautiful paradise your eyes will set on. You should be ecstatic! Your anxiety attack is because of unnatural causes. You should not go to the congregation because your spiritual being is telling you "Stay away from there!" As they say it is always best to listen to your instinct. Anxiety attack and thinking of the congregation is definitely an instinct.

Hmm sounds fun.. fun.. I haven’t been to Hawaii myself so I can’t give you any suggestion of the map. However, drinks plenty of water, so you can stay cool and wont get stress easily. Well I said that, coz I was brought up in a tropical country. Enjoy the brotherhood there; I heard Hawaiian is friendly and hospitable people so I am sure you won’t feel lonely there

Ironically, the March 2008 issue of Awake! has an article on Hawaii. Interested persons can download the article here:

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/g_E_2...

Learn more:

http://watchtower.org/e/publications/index.htm

Call the brothers. Perhaps they can get a sister to take you there.

I wanna go to!