No, I don't think this widening gap is a problem; because I don't believe in this fabled gap spoken of so often by liberals and democrats. If there is a gap at all it is very small. This country is wealthy beyond any other country in the world. That wealth is distributed by the free market. The free market is run by anyone who choose to be involved in it, rich, poor or middleclass. Why do we hear stories about very poor citizens of our country make something of themselves and become wealthy? Because it happens all the damn time. If someone wants something bad enough, in the United States of America, they can earn it. There are a couple of reasons why we have homeless people in America today. The first reason is people with mental illness that have no family to turn to or take care of them. 75% of homeless people have mental illness. The other reason and the other 25% are people that don't want anything but what they already have. If they wanted it bad enough they would have it. Do I have a heart? Yes, it just doesn't bleed with nothing but emotion. These statistics are rigged and made up to make us feel bad about the situation in our country. Read Glen Beck's new book "An Inconvienent Book". President Bush has tried (pathetically unsuccessful as he had been he has still tried) to make tax paying more fair. We are not paying taxes on as percentage of teh budget. We are paying taxes on percentage of what we make. And the more wealthy you become in this country the higher the percentage you pay. That gives people no incentive to do better and make more money. If we all pay the same percentage of taxes then we would pay more taxes as we got richer, but it would be the same ratio of taxes to gross income every year. So Person 1 makes $1,000,000 a year and Person 2 makes $10,000 a year. If we were charged a 7 % tax evenly across the board then Person 1 would pay $70,000 in taxes and Person 2 would pay $700. People could say well $70,000 dollars is nothing to Person 1. I would be willing to say that it is proportionately exactly the same as what Person 2 is paying for his taxes. Oh, and I make only $30,000 a year so I would be fine paying $2,100 in taxes every year in that scenario.