my parents have a problem with money, so how can i help them save more money?

my parents are always complaining about money and how this world is getting so expensive. i want to help them save money. we have a trendmill that NOBODY in this house uses so we can sell that, we have dish network and direct tv for the television so we can cancel out of dish network and keep direct tv to save more money. there's so much things i can do to help my parents but im out of ideas. my mind is caught up on other things. my parents have their own cleaning business. they usually ask around if anybody needs cleaning in their home and my dad works in pathmark, as well. any ideas how my parents can save more money to pay off bills, mortgage, stuff like that?

Favorite Answer

That's very sweet of you to want to help your parents. There are lots of websites out there about frugal living, saving money etc. One of the smartest things you can do is learn all you can about financial management now so when you're on your own, you can avoid money troubles. If you start saving for yourself now, you'll be SO much better off.

Just don't ask for too many things. Honestly, by what you said, it doesn't sound like you family is in that much of a bind. My parents make decent money, but are always complaining about bills. It's an adult thing really. Unless you are a millionaire and bills are chump change, it's a pain in the butt.

Doesn't mean, you are going broke or anything. I have bills too. I make good money, but I hate paying bills. I'd love to spend (or save) that money for something else. But, if you want a roof over your head, food and car to drive, it costs money. Writing those checks is a pain in the butt, but you have to do it.

You pay the mortgage one month and before you know it, it's time to pay again. If you have direct TV and a treadmill lying around, chances are you are more well off then you think.

Just don't be demanding with stuff. Maybe get a babysitting job and pay for your own lunch money.

But, no matter what.......adults will always say things are too expensive. The cost of living is going up. But, it doesn't mean you are going to lose your house.

No offense, your parents own a business. Most self-employed people do well for themselves.

It sounds like they need to take some financial planning and money management classes. You can come up with ideas and sit them down to help cut costs, but it sounds like they really need some assistance as far as money management goes.

well ask them to sell the stuff u sugggested and sell any garbage you have like in storage, garage, basemnt, trust me, you'll find stuff. put it on ebay or smehting.

ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE!

• Aisha

start a business online.

ex: ebay.