Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Did you know Medicaid expenditures for Texas illegal aliens 2000: $18.1 million; in 2005: $38.7 million.?

•72 percent of Dallas' immigrants are from Mexico. The national average is 28 percent.

•82 percent of births at Parkland Hospital are Hispanic, and 40 percent of their parents are illegal immigrants.

•Unreimbursed state Medicaid expenditures for illegal immigrants in 2000: $18.1 million; in 2005: $38.7 million. That's an increase of 114.3 percent.

SOURCES: Texas comptroller's office; data compiled by DFW International from various studies

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opi...

Favorite Answer

Watch it: the pro-illegal sycophants will trot out some bogus "independent" study that states that illegal immigrants don't actually use public healthcare. It is disgusting the lengths at which these people will go to cram illegal immigration down our throats.

BTW, the hospital costs in Harris County (Houston area) attributed to illegals have gone over $380 million per year. Now, I really want someone to take a shot at justifying that kind of cost to the supposed tax benefit of illegals. Please, I need a good laugh.

You're quoting percentages that seem high until you put them in context. You're also mixing up legal and illegal immigrants. You're first bullet point, copied from the Dallas News article, is an example. Regardless, Texas is a border state and a heavy agricultural state so naturally they will have a higher percentage of Mexican immigrants. As it is the illegal immigrant population of Texas is estimated to be less than 6%.

Regarding Parkland there was another article about the hospital and the number of births last September in the Dallas news. In the article they state that in 2006 80% of the mothers who gave birth in that hospital had Hispanic SURNAMES. Now, all of a sudden, 82% of the births are illegal aliens. BTW, Parkland reports that they ended last year with a SURPLUS of $8 million in their maternity program.

Of course it's going to be higher Texas is a border state. And it would be higher but from experience my parents when they were sick or we got sick we went to Mexico for treatment never the US. My parents are now US Citizens they have paid their taxes all their life. Honestly we do account for alot. The US would not function without Immigrants. I don't remember ever seeing a Caucasian person doing landscaping. And never seen a Hispanic person begging on the street. They do what other people think they are to good to do that they'd rather beg on the streets. And if my history is correct Texas was part of Mexico. This country was built on immigrants. And it's an issue that will never end so why pull hairs over it and cause racial tension.

I stay in Miami, and visited a ER using fact of a kidney stone, fortunately I certainly have assurance. when I have been given the invoice, it replaced into itemized, and had 2 columns, one replaced into what's value for say the paper gown, and the 2nd column replaced into for what they charged. the cost of the gown replaced into 89 cents, yet they billed my assurance employer $8.89, and it needless to say stated that it replaced into to hide the cost of those devoid of assurance. Being we've a huge unlawful and criminal immigration inhabitants maximum devoid of assurance and that i pay the cost. Please do no longer fall lower back on that using fact I certainly have assurance, I shouldn't sweat it. confident, I do have assurance yet I additionally pay quotes, out of pocket, and co/will pay. upload to the reality that my quotes have long previous from $a hundred and fifty money a month to $450 money, and my deductible has long previous from $500 money to $a million,500 money a twelve months, and my co/will pay have been $10 money and now they are $25 money a circulate to. i could say that i'm paying the cost of a minimum of one uninsured individual. that does no longer even hide the cost that I pay in taxes to hide the uninsured. i know than all that are uninsured are no longer unlawful, yet maximum in Miami are

Unfortunately I live in Dallas and I know everyone of those statistics all too well.

Source(s): To the poster below me: the fact that Parkland ended with a surplus doesnt mean anything ..... keep in mind that the vast overwhelming majority of their revenues are derived from the tax base.......that they took in more than they spend in maternity doesn't deny the fact that the taxpayer is still paying for it.

You can solve this tomorrow if you threaten to not vote for your Congressmen. They will stop it tomorrow!! Enforce the law or VOTE them out!!!

• FOA

i think we should put them and their babies on the next plane out

I am surprised that it isn't higher.