what's with Madonna and Satan?

I've found that there are tons of hidden, secret songs performed by Madonna out there that are kinda hard to find. But anyway, they go as something like "Love song to Satan", or "Wonderhell", or "A Map to Hell", etc, etc. Than there is this song of "Prophesy" where she mocks the prophesy out of the book of Revelation by John. Anyone else noticed anything? I'm hopping that I'm mistaking, because I like Madonna's music, but if she's pulling everyone's leg for being confused in her religious adventures while she's been all along in the cult of satanism... creepy....

Best Answer

Madonna is exploring religion, in the sense that she is exploring its power to interest people. Sexual ambiguity, religious ambiguity, they're all stunts. She started out Catholic and is, exactly as you say, "pulling everyone's leg for being confused in her religious adventures". She's been doing this since the "Like a Prayer" video, actually before that, right from the beginning with "Like a Virgin", which got the religious right up in arms, and "Papa Don't Preach", which made it happy. She flip-flops on religion in the same way she flip-flops on everything else, to generate publicity. Religion is a great way to get people talking about you, and that's what she's getting out of it. Right down to naming her daughter "Lourdes"...it's all a game.

Personally, I don't think that she is very talented, nor very interesting, and no amount of weird behaviour on her part is going to change that.

Then there's the, "save us Satan", backwards message. I think she was going through a rebelious stage.

If you wanna learn more about Satanism, go to joyofsatan.com and exposingchristianity.com