Infomercial products: have you tried any?

Which have you tried? Did they live up to your expectations? Would you recommend it to a friend?

(I'm watching one now.... Professor Amos Shock It Clean....and it seems too good to be true)

Best Answer

I used to work in a call center taking people's orders for various infomercial products. In order to sell better, they let us use (kept them in the call center for use during breaks) or try/sample (during training classes) some of the products. Some were pretty cool but expensive even with my employee discount, some were obviously NOT worth the money, & some were okay, but you could probably get comparable products at a better price in a store.

I learned a LOT about gimmicks, and how they advertise those things to make them so appealing. And I'm a sucker for their methods, too: before I worked there, if I ever let myself watch more than like ten minutes of an infomercial (b/c if they were obviously a load of hooey, I'd change it right off), there was a good chance I'd end up wanting one of WHATEVER by the end. lol. Thankfully I was good at resisting impulse. : P

I can't list all the things I got to try/see, but if you have a question about a specific one, just email me and I'll tell you what I know. I never heard of the one you mentioned, though.

I've just tried the different juicers and blenders...I could have had the same thing for much less.

I have tried the Magic Bullet. It works Well once you get use to it.