What exactly does a Law Guardian do (court assigned to my 8 and 9 year old)?
- A cancerous tumor was found on ex-wives brain and removed Christmas eve. (I didn't know prior)
- dropped our 2 minor children off at ex-inlaws Christmas eve. to go see mother.
- Could not locate boys all week
- Filed for emergency temp custody Yesterday (Friday)(Already had 50/50 legal, placement with Mother. I got every weekend and a couple days during week - 3 1/2 years with no prior issues) Looking for full Temp placement with me until she is better.
- Court yesterday as ex-wife still in ICU.
- Ex-mother in law produced letter with scribble signature on bottom that my ex wants children placed with her mom not me.
- Judge gave kids to me but I have to take them to her moms Monday.
- He assigned a for the boys and set another court date for Wednesday.
- I know that a law guardian represents the best interest of the kids, but what are they doing until Wednesday to sort this mess out? (interview me? ex? School?)
My sons are 8 and 9 years
has paternity already been established naming you as the biological father? - YES
Do you have counsel? - YES
Is mom (icu) uncouscious or is she just very sick. Can she talk? Write? Barley could read her signature. Kids talked to her on the phone Thursday (havn't seen her yet) and said that she could hardly talk and was using the wrong words ALOT when she did speak.