? asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Pet food manufacturers: Do they test on animals?

I always wondered if the people who make dog/cat food test their products on animals. And if so, is that one of those issues like Loreal make-up testing their products on animals. Or would it be okay, cuz ya know... its for animals?

I MEANT DOG/ CAT FOOD PEOPLE!!!

DO THEY TEST DOG/CAT FOOD ON DOGS/CATS???

• CF_
    Favorite Answer

the problem is that many food companies dont test.. but their parent company does..

eg Iams and Eukanuba are both owned by Proctor & Gamble.. this company is notorious for cruel animal testing on their products..

there is a site www.iamscruelty.com that is suppose to indicate that IAMs themself also does cruel testing.. although it may or may not be true..

(of course any one feeding Iams or Eukanuba is silly because both foods are not as great as them seem.. Iams went down hill big time after P&G changed the ingredients to dumb down the food)

• Umm... I don't think that they would be testing like Loriel because they are not a make-up company.

And I certainly HOPE that they are 'testing' dog food on animals before they put it out to animals to eat. Geez. I want to know that the food I am feeding my puppy won't kill her!

• i do not know for sure, but there was a question w/videos on here yesterday about this. it was Imas and they clam they do this! so sad. :(