Is 20,000euro enough to live in Madrid?

Hello, I've been offered a job in Madrid paying 20,000euro per year. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is enough to live on, plus paying rent and everything else? Would it get me an appartment in a nice area? Does anyone know where the bad/poorer areas are? I also don't speak spanish, am I going... show more Hello, I've been offered a job in Madrid paying 20,000euro per year. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is enough to live on, plus paying rent and everything else?

Would it get me an appartment in a nice area? Does anyone know where the bad/poorer areas are? I also don't speak spanish, am I going to struggle with language differences? I would probably learn Spanish but at the beginning I'd imagine its going to be really hard.

Thank for your help!
Update: It is 20,000 before tax, worked it out that it would be about 1,200 euro a month