Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Do you know the names of any of the girls which were in Hogwarts with Lily Evans/Potter (Harry Potter's mum)

I wanna writte a fanfic about Jame and LIily Potter but all I know is about Lily while she was at Hogwarts was the fact that she knew Alice and Frank Longbottom, the Marauders and some of the Slytherins. Were the names of her friends ever mentioned?? Or will I have to invent them?

And I also wanted to tell you that if you guys have any cool suggestions on what could happen in the fanfic I would really like to hear them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS!!!!

Favorite Answer

Lily's friends were not mentioned, except for Severus Snape, of course. You will have to invent them. It is strongly suspected she was friends with Alice Longbottom and Dorcas Meadows. (I'm not quite sure why for the second, but it always seems so in fanfics.)

Here's a list of people who were known or were suspected to have gone to Hogwarts with the marauders. I have placed asteriks next to names which are somewhat likely friends for Lily.

Black, Andromeda * (Although older than Lily)

Black, Bellatrix

Black, Narcissa

Black, Regulus

Black, Sirius

Bones, ___ (Susan's father)

Chang, ___ (Cho's father)

Carrow, Alecto

Crouch, Bartemus

Dearborn, Carodoc

Dolohov, Antonin

___, Alice (Longbottom) *

Evans, Lily

Hooch, Rolanda

Jones, Gwenog

Jones, Hestia

Jorkins, Bertha * (Lily mentions Bertha at some point, can't remeber exactly although I suspect it was in DH, but it is unknown whether they met during or after Hogwarts.)

Lestrange, Rastaban

Lestrange, Rodolphus

Lockhart, Gilderoy

Longbottom, Frank *

Lovegood, Xenophilius

Lupin, Remus

Macnair, Walden

Malfoy, Lucius

Meadows, Dorcas *

McKinnion, Something (Can't remember; female)

Pettigrew, Peter

Podmore, Sturgis

Potter, James

Prewett, Gideon

Prewett, Fabian

Prewett, Molly (All three Prewetts were older than Lily, although it's possible they were friends with Lily.)

Rosier, Evan

Skeeter, Rita

Snape, Severus * (Of course.)

Tonks, Ted * (Not sure whether he was older or same year)

Vance, Emmeline *

Weasley, Arthur

Also: Cho Chang's mother, Luna Lovegood's mother, and other trio-era Hogwarts students' parents.

Of course, this list is hardly enough for a school, and popular and likeable as Lily was in school, she definitley had friends never mentioned in the books. Make up your own names! Think of the girls in her dorm, her Herbology partners, etc.

For story ideas, how about reading some editorials and opinions on Lily and the other marauder era people on mugglenet.com or theleakycauldron.com (you can also check out the COS forums on mugglenet)? If any ideas spark intrest in your mind, you can explore them. (Did Lily ever break the rules? Did she ever suspect Severus liked her? What would she see in the Mirror of Erised? What was the conflict which finally pushed Sirius to leave his parents house and live with James? How was it when Sirius first moved in with the Potters? Did Remus ever become jealous of how close James and Sirius were, and would he ever write a journal entry about how he tried to sabotage it during a particularily nasty transformation? etc.)

I remember reading a particularly excellent essay on how Ron shows the tendencies of a potential abuser, and even though I absolutley love Ron and Ron with Hermione, and absolutley detest the idea, I couldn't help but want to read more about the thought.

Good Luck!

The Marauders, Alice and Severus. In a lot of fanfictions, she's friendly with Emmeline Vance and the Prewett brothers (Gideon and Fabien) in the Order of the Pheonix, but I've no idea if they were friends in Hogwarts.

I think you're just going to have to invent some people, sorry.

• LK

I think you should go ahead and write your fanfic and make everything up... all of Lily's girl friends, what they did together, how they maybe practiced spells-- all of that Hogwarts stuff. It will be fun, and you will have no constraints on your imagination. Use your own noodle and leave anyone else's ideas out of it.

If you absolutely need some verification on some name of anything, I advise you go to the following link:

http://www.mugglenet.com/

It really does open up to a lot of knowledge if you are persistent.

Luck--

As far as I know, none of Lily's friends while she was at Hogwarts were ever named, save for Snape, of course.

Head over to www.harrypotterlexicon.com to double check, though. That is a great, very thorough website!

good luck!

• Nicole

you're gonna have to make them up they never mention any of her friends. It should be a soap opers about her james and lily's love triangle.

none of the books really give any other people from that time other than those you mentioned, just make some names up be creative