Can anybody recommend good Amsterdam hotel?

Needs to be good price..we are students! But are prepared to pay more for a 4* or 5* hotel.

Only staying about 3 nights, needs to be close to centre of Amsterdam.

Update:

Certainly not, Seahorse.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok - sure you're going to get lots of responses... So this is only my opinion - I made only 1 trip to Amsterdam in 2004 - but plan to go back...

Hotel - "The Rho" nice hotel right on Dam Square - just outside of the Red Light District and close to everything. Check them out at www.hotelrho.com - Breakfast included in price of stay.

If your looking to go cheaper - others can be found

A number of Hostels can provide cheaper stays....

Enjoy your trip - don't forget to see the Anne Frank House.

Source(s): www.amsterdamhotspots.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are all scandalously high priced. If you don't mind sharing with people, you could try a Strowis hostel...some of them have people who have just become homeless, but still have money. It is only 15 euros a night and you can lock up your luggage.

Have a look on a site for youth hostels, even if it's just outside Amsterdam. Outside the capital things are cheaper and you can get a tram of train (never more than about 10 mins) into the city.

Source(s): Live here, but from Belgium.
  • mark j
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Try the Amstel Botel its located on the river just to the left of Centraal station. It's a boat thats been converted to a hotel. I use it everytime i go there and it's positioned right where i think you're looking for. The rooms are small as they used to be cabins but its very clean and run very smoothly. I can't recommend it enough

• You can usually get a good price at the Holiday Inn. Its on the south side and there is a tram stop mear to take you to the centre

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You will love amsterdam !!! I went there in september only for like 6 hours and i had a great time.Sorry i cant help with hotels but enjoy your trip to the moon lol

• 1 decade ago

Have you considered a private room in a hostel?

Check http://www.hostelworld.com and similar sites, but take the reviews with a grain of salt. (Good reviews = more money for the site.)

You'll also need a decent guidebook anyway, so buy one and check the listings in there.

• 1 decade ago

Try Tulip hotel or avenue hotel, they are both reasonable

• 1 decade ago

u should try an apartment instead...... there much cheaper plus u have your own privacy i stayed in one a few months ago u should try... stayamsterdam.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ahhhhh....the Hash Inn!!!!

• 1 decade ago

are you going to get stoned?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.