Gaming Versus: Desktop Vs. Laptop gaming?

Let's hear some pros and cons to whether Laptop gaming can be matched with todays power housed Desktops.

Seeing more and more Laptops being called "desktop" replacements you can see why sooner or longer will no longer matter, only being portable and playing BIOSHOCK on a friggin' bus..sweet.
Update: I like those answers makes me wonder, "Why do people have Laptops for gaming?" Sure portable but costly and for what, less than a year for the newer things. I think if you know what your wanting as some said it's fine say back in the day 'The Sims Online' not intense but being portable and... show more I like those answers makes me wonder, "Why do people have Laptops for gaming?" Sure portable but costly and for what, less than a year for the newer things. I think if you know what your wanting as some said it's fine say back in the day 'The Sims Online' not intense but being portable and several "Sims" had more than one LT to chat on so I got to know an actual family. Neat stuff but I'll stick with Desks for now.

Crazy thing, I saw a Laptop at a Computer show playing Gears of War -DX10 full prefs, beautiful and ran like glass, smoove baybay.

Cost?...priceless, no really it was like 4k's, like I'd slam down that much or really anyone who isn't a tycoon for an LT that will in less than a year be a paper weight, oh and for the record it was hellah heavy too.

Thanks guys for the feedback, expert-smarties.