Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

I just bought three Oscars today as a Christmas present to myself. Just for now until I could get a bigger...?

tank I have them in a 10 gallon one. I was just wondering about what size should I get the fish tank for their permanent home. I understand they like a lot of space but how much space do they need?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You got a lot on your hand. A 10g is to small a junvenile oscars.If the turn out be male,male,&male. They will fight to the death. If is all females your good. A oscars need aleast a 55g each but more people say a 75g.For three you will be need a 150g or more.

Source(s): Did research
  • 1 decade ago

I would aim for something in the 100-300 gallons range of aquariums. With oscars bigger is definitely better.

I've heard of some being kept in heated outdoor ponds. It's a thought (depending on the average temp's where you live).

• mckean
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i grow to be taken aback we had submit at present -my Christmas began on Friday ! We had some little treats whilst the grandkids finished college and a 'quick a million/2'. Saturday, despatched Himindoors out for the cream. The queues have been MILES long on the supermarkets and at Somerfield they introduced to the 50+ people waiting patiently, that the lorry wearing the a million/2 fee turkey crowns had broken down on the M4 ! i grow to be at homestead taking my 'drugs' with some chockies. at present I went up my mum's to do her final bits and had a pair of glasses of 'drugs' together with her. i'm now back homestead and introduced out my goose to de-frost and separate the birthday provides from the Christmas provides which I shall open at nighttime and function a cup of tea because of the fact the 'drugs' has worked -properly, i've got not got a foul tummy or 'flu !!! Merry Christmas to you all !! i'm-merry it quite is !

• 1 decade ago

150 gallons for 3 oscars. you did not do research did you? each fish needs a huge amount of room, as oscars will reach lengths greater than a foot with relative ease.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've bred and kept many oscars back in the days. I had six large oscars in a 100 gal tank. A 75-100 gal tank would be a good size tank for your oscars.

• 1 decade ago

i would get a 200 gallon for three oscars because they grow very big very fast

• 1 decade ago

At least a 100 gallon. 200 would probably be best for 3 adults, they will get very BIG!

• 1 decade ago

150 gallons+

• 1 decade ago

well at elmersaquarium.com (its a wonderful fish store in PA) it says they can grow 12 inches and petco says they need a tank of 55 gallons + hope that helped

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.