Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

I had an exterminator spray a few weeks ago but I still have ROACHES!!!?

My wife and I rent a really nice house but there's one glaring problem....ROACHES!!!! The tenants that were here before us were absolutely nasty. Anyway, we had an exterminator come out a few weeks back and spray. We've seen a noticable difference, but they're still around. The exterminator cant' come out for another two weeks but this problem is disguisting and needs to be solved now. Any over the counter products I can use BESIDES BOMBS (I have 2 cats and 2 dogs) that will effectively get rid of these things???

• toodd
    Favorite Answer

No foods, water indoor for 2 weeks.

Make nests of old towers outdoor with fat+borax baits inside bottles to lure them all out.

• Oat

Try using some roach traps until the exterminator can come back out.

Why can't the exterminator come back? Is it because he is only permitted to treat a habitat every so often or is it because he is busy. If he is busy, find another exterminator to come out.

The big roaches come in from outside. They need moisture to live and do not live long. And they do not produce inside. Sealing up the places around the pipes under the sinks will keep them from coming in there. Some weather striping under the door will stop them there. They can crawl through fans in the bathroom. The traps and boric acid will work.

The pest control is a health issue!!! The landlord is responsible for the health issue and should have disclosed the issue to you before renting the property. Call the county health department for suggestions. Maybe they have ideas.

the exterminator should have tlod you it would take several treatments he should placed bait out and then come back and reapply once a month for a few months might take 6 months to get rid of all depending on how bad they were

Boric acid is used for killing roaches and can be the most effective way of pest control, if it is used properly. Boric acid is harmless to human beings and pets.