To those that have attempted suicide...?

I recently have had a loved one commit suicide and it is so unbelievably devastating. I am trying to piece things together. I guess what I want to know is what were you thinking of right before you did it? Did you think of loved ones and how it would effect them? Would you say that your mind was working... show more I recently have had a loved one commit suicide and it is so unbelievably devastating. I am trying to piece things together.

I guess what I want to know is what were you thinking of right before you did it? Did you think of loved ones and how it would effect them? Would you say that your mind was working rationally or clearly? How long before you knew you were going to do it and when you actually made the attempt? DId you write a note? Why or why not?

P.S. Please do not respond with insensitive, sarcastic answers. I am truly going through a terrible time and am just seeking clarity. Thanks