Fletch
Lv 5
Fletch asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Broncos 2008 draft pick?

It's no big mystery Denver needs linebackers. Do you think that they will draft a middle line backer and move DJ Williams back to a outside linebacker position?

If so which of these ILB's would you think they'll take.

1. James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

2. Dan Connor, Penn State

3. Rey Maualuga, USC

4. Jonathan Goff, Vanderbilt

5. Vince Hall, Virginia Tech

6. Jeremy Leman, Illinois

7. Ben Moffitt, South Florida

8. Philip Wheeler, Georgia Tech

9. Beau Bell, UNLV

10. Corey McKeon, Nebraska

Update:

I agree Rick and j0osee with you for the most part. I think the DE problem will be okay when Jarvis Moss is able to come back. Tim Crowder has done well for his rookie debut.

That offensive line needs a serious retooling. If Matt Lepsis retires as is rumored the Broncos are really screwed.

I wouldn't count them out of the playoffs for next year yet. They have a seriously potentially potent offense. These guys stay and they'll be a power house.

Update 2:

Cutler does not suck. That poor kid is running for his life. Offensive line sucks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, their 1st round pick will be somewhere in the middle of the pack (10-15 range) so Laurinaitis might not be available. If they're going to draft a MLB then Laurinaitis would be the best option but Rey Maualuga is also a good fit.

They need to focus on improving their Run D, which ranks near the bottom of league. A big DT/NT or DE in the 1st round would also be a good choice along with landing some free agents to help out.

Their later picks should also be on defensive players, but they also have offensive line problems to deal with. Overall, this is too much to overcome and I dont see them making the playoffs next year.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I personally like James Laurinaitis, although he'll probably be gone. Dan Connor should be the best LB available when the Broncos pick. They could also look at DT Sedrick Ellis from USC if he falls to #10. He could help that run defense. One more DE I would look at is Calais Campbell from Miami. He had a down year which might reduce his value, but he's a versatile linemen who can stop the run.

• 1 decade ago

I like Dan Connor because he comes from Linebacker U. but Laurinaitis reminds me alot of AJ Hawk and has a similar work ethic. You really can't go wrong with either one.

• 1 decade ago

I think and am hoping James Laurinaitis will stay another year. With that said I would go with Vince Hall

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

the broncos could have enjoyed if sedrick ellis or ryan clady had fallen to the twelfth spot.even limas sweed could have been advantageous yet with all of them taken 4 spots past to them they could could desire to reconsider.the two spots they'll attempt to concentration on is the two offense or protecting place.the two are a could desire to in this draft which they decide to get out of ways early.yet its constrained.they could verify out jerod mayo at interior linebacker or dan connor if he's willin to alter interior.they could even take a threat and p.c.. up kenny phillips at risk-free practices.they previous couple adult males who's pop out of miami on the region have made some genuine keys in a protection.

• John
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

if they can get either of these two...then they should be ok.

1. Dan Connor, Penn St.

2. Vince Hall, Virginia Tech

• 1 decade ago

Laurinaitis would be nice, i think they need a versatile DE

• Tammy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

#1 Laurinaitis. But either way--GO BRONCOS!!! We will still be fans!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they need a tackel or gard because their running game isnt the same and Cutler is getting sacked and is under pressure to much.............

• 1 decade ago

they should get a QB because Cutler sucks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.