squall01 asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

abdomen pain on lower left side...?

My brother said he had sex last night. He now has problems with his* lower left abdomen hurting. The pain is dull, and doesn't radiate or anything. It's about a 5 or 6 on the pain scale. He said he noticed it when he went to use the bathroom, and it started hurting. It only hurts when he flexes his stomach muscles for something or touches the area. The sex part was threw in becasue he said he doesn't have sex that much. It's not apendacitis because it's the opposite side.

Favorite Answer

i wouldnt want my brother to be telling me he had sex last night.....ew

• Peatea

It could be any number of things, and he really should see a doctor if it gets worse over time, or doesn't completely go away in a day or so. Some of the possibilities are:

* Hernia

* Appendicitis (pain often starts on the left side of the body, so the fact that he's experiencing pain on the left side means nothing)

* Pulled/strained muscles - he may have been working muscles he doesn't usually use therefore making them sore from the over activity

* Bladder Infection - if he starts to notice other symptoms he should definitely get to the doctor for antibiotics

There's probably even more possibilites that I'm not thinking of right now. Definitely encourage him to see a doctor if the pain becomes severe or lasts longer than a day or so.

Hope this helps. :-)

Source(s): I'm premed

Hernia

• He probably pulled a muscle during the nookie session. :P~ Tell him to apply Icy Hot, Mineral Ice or Ben Gay to the area. Maybe a heating pad could help?

Bottom line is see a doctor. It could be torn muscle fibers from "twisted" sex positions which can be fixed or heal on its own or something more serious. Best of luck!

Probably a gas pocket. It may be a sore muscle from the long overdue sex. :D I'm thinking a gas pocket more than th muscle though.

Appendicitis pain starts on the left. Then moves to the right when it becomes acute.

• Tina

What sex are you?? It could be a infected ovariun tube or if you are having unprotected sex you could be pregnant in your tubes, and if that is the case you really need to see a doctor. You should see a doctor any how.

He probably pulled a muscle or it could be a hernia.

Hernia, My boy just got one moving a boiler!

Possible hernia. He should see a doctor.