Promoted

Is Norway a good country to living?

Is Norway a good Country to living ????

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I disagree - Norway is not that expensive compared to the average income... But foreigners often regard Norway as expensive.

I live in Norway and I enjoy it very much. We have got "it all" - cold winter - warm summer, "vivid" spring and cosy autumn . At least where I live.

The people here are various - many nice people, but of course stupid people as well. I don't think Norway is very different from other countries. (Unfortunately) Norway is becoming more and more" americanised", which means the fast food slowly invades the state of nutrition.

Norwegian language is similar to Danish and Swedish. A lot of words are imported from English, and it's more and more popular to Norwegianise English words, e.g. "å adde" which is not a Norwegian word, but it has the same meaning as "to add".

Norwegian school politics are nowadays: "School must be free!", which has resulted in all new students in high schools getting nearly free portable computers by paying a low amount of money during three years, then receiving the computer. And all books are now free. This new arrangement has had different results depending on how well equipped and prepared schools are.

Anyway, Norwegian school students score very low on international maths and other tests. The Norwegian school is very "pedagogic", if you know what I mean? There is not much dicipline anymore.

Norway is a healthy country when it comes to intoxication. It is not allowed to smoke inside restaurants and cafés etc., and you have to be 18 years old to buy smoke, "snuff" or "chew", beer, wine and things under 40 %. 20 is the age limit for getting things over 40%. Narcotics are not allowed at all.

All in all, Norway is a good country to live in!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Norway is a beautiful country and a good country to live in. The people are nice. Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world so take with you lots of money!

Why not also visit the other countries of northern Europe, as Denmark, Sweden and Finland, also nice countries to visit. Iceland is also very exciting, but very expensive! Quite an interesting country, though!

A Happy New Year to you!

• Andrea
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What makes a country matter anyway? The ability to invade others illegally? Being the number one favorite hate figure in the world? America isn't all about freedom, democracy, liberty, and opportunity or it wouldn't have been operating "extraordinary rendition" or "enhanced interrogation techniques" otherwise known as kidnap and torture. Where's the liberty in that? The facts are that Norway is better as people have a better quality of life, they expect to live longer and healthier, they have a higher income (and less inequality) and they have better educational standards (as your post makes clear the US does not). Yes god bless America, with gun crime rates that make any European wonder if they're in the 3rd world. With levels of inequality unrivaled by Europe. With people dying because they don't have access to universal healthcare. The only advanced industrial nation that doesn't offer some form of universal healthcare, and doesn't protect a workers right to vacation. Where "cruel and unusual punishment" is still practiced, where you execute people for crimes committed when they were teenagers and often on flawed evidence. In there recent Norwegian elections turn out was 76.4%, in the US Presidential election last year it was 63.6%, so where's your democracy when people don't even bother to vote? America has the highest prison population rate in the world, in fact it accounts for almost half of all the people in prison in the world. Sound like liberty to you? The US ranks No 44 out of 134 measured by inequality whereas Norway is the 131st least equal country, so where's your opportunity, where's your freedom? If you took your head out your **** for a minute you'd realise that the US isn't really such a nice place to live unless you're rich, white and male.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Norway is frequently rated as one of the best countries in the world to live in; in fact, it was rated number one in the past six years. This year it fell to #2 and Iceland became #1.

I have never lived in Norway, but I was there for four days in Oslo in 1999. I can see why it ranks so high, virtually no crime, clean, peaceful, almost no poverty, a well-educated population, a high standard of living and cradle to grave benefits. Additionally, it's friendly and scenic!

Source(s): UN annual ranking of country livability; I've been to Norway; I learned about it's social policies in college.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I live in Norway, and yes it a good country to live.

• 4 years ago

Norway is a dangerous country to live in because of all the abnormally many bureaucrats that have to little work to do. This fact combined with lack of competence, power hunger and a total lack of humanity among most bureaucrats way to often leads to people getting their lives destroyed by wrong doings by the hordes of bureaucrats inhabiting this small country. Norwegian child care services and their gestapo like approach to taking your kids from you automatically if they get an anonymous tip or just suspicion is just one example of the Norwegian "culture"...

• 1 decade ago

It is. Infact generally Scandinavian countries are very ideal countries to live in. The standard of living there is one of the highest in the world. The only drawback of living in these countries is probably the cold weather ( at least for some people )

• 1 decade ago

Yes but it's no different from its Scandinavian counterparts (Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland).

Generally, those are the very best countries to live in currently.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes

• 1 decade ago

Yes, though it is much much more expensive than my home country, Finland (also in Scandinavia)!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.