28 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No, it's actually considered holy ground.

• 1 decade ago

I don't like tombs and coffins. If everyone got cremated and buried in a little box, then that would save space. I wonder if anyone ran a calculation - given the current rate of population growth, in what year will the entire land area of the earth be 100% graveyards?

• Pat
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No, and here's how: Plant lots of trees and flowers so that graveyards can be places of solitude and peace. Build meandering footpaths for joggers/walkers and benches where people can sit and soak in the beauty of it all.

Death may be the end of life as we know it, and graveyards can be places where the living and the dead can co-exist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they should just burn the dead and be on with it. OOOOOR you cna go along with the Pygme [sp?] tribes, and just eat dead family members! When I was younger, the town we lived in had a grave yard with a brick wall built into the ground where it was higher, so if you were to walk across the graveyard to the far end, there would be a drop down and a brick wall if you were on the sidewalk below, adn there were feet sticking out of it XDD it was the funniest thing ever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no.. just because theres tons of space. and it also depends what you consider a waste of space....an old store could be a waste of space, or an unused parking lot

so if a graveyard is a waste of space than so are a lot of other places

ITS A GOOD USE OF SPACE

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

kind of.

people missing their dead loved-ones do appreciate somewhere quiet where they can go focus their grief, and graveyards provide this. they also provide a physical space saying "this person was special and existed". by showing respect for their lives by giving up some space to a memorial we are also saying "we beleive life is precious"

BUT... yea i do often think there must be anotther way of providing for those things without using so much land.

• 1 decade ago

YES. We bury people in coffins. The coffins do not degenerate back into the earth. Our bodies rot in a box. We are basically burying trash in the ground. Nothing decomposes, nothing gets returned, it just sits there. I believe you should either, A) Get cremated. Or B) Donate your body to science.

Unless you want to bury your loved one without a coffin of course, then by all means, bury em'. But if you're gonna use a box, just burn em'.

• Weesy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Where else are you going to lay the deceased?! Imagine how horrible it would be if they just shot the deceased into space like they wanna do with Earth's garbage just to conserve space. Not everyone wants to be cremated (sp?)...

• 1 decade ago

NO!!! Its a holy place which shows honor th the dead.... Deffanatly not a waste of space

• 1 decade ago

oi! would you want someone saying that about your own grave or your family's? No they are not a waste a space...its a resting ground.

• No, It doesn't mean just cause one person dies he must be forgoton . Memories of him passes on with other and this reminds them when they visit graveyards.. if you understand them you will knw

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.