J<3 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

DVD question!?

In "The New World", i dont eactly get what happens. At the end, for instance, why doesn't Pocohantes choose John Smith in the end and why does she just walk away and never sees him again? Why weren't the two lovers not allowed to see eachother? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Well, for the Pocahontas, I think Disney decided to be a little accurate (haven't seen the second movie), but I'm assuming John Smith doesn't made a reappearance because he actually died from the wound, so naturally he doesn't come back. And in real life Pocahontas actually leaves with a white man (which the second movie was about if i'm not mistaken) a few years later (i think) to the "civilized" world, and marries the guy (i think... again this is from vague memory, I'd have to double-check on these, but too lazy right now). Though she ends up dying from small pox in the end not that many years later.