Can people track down your phone number even though it is on private?

Some people prank call and say that they are going to call police and I would like to know if police can track down your phone number. (My cuzin prank called other people.)

-Juls0961

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes its possible

• Login to reply the answers
  • Diane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You may be out of luck here. The gift card scam is pretty common. People steal stuff from stores and then return the unopened mechandise. They get store credit in the form of gift cards and sell them for cash. The problem is that even if you do contact the police, you could be on the hook for trying to receive stolen goods since this scam is pretty common. Her hope was that you sent her the money in an untracable way. Had you sent it using PayPal or some other means of tracing, she probably would have completed the transaction since she is still ahead.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes,unfortunately

• 1 decade ago

Not only the police - check the site in my link, it will let you try a number for free and see if it can find it. You won't get all the details without paying, but it will at least tell you if it found it and if it can give you more details. I was surprised to find out that this is available publicly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all the police has to do is contact the land or cell provider and they can get that information right away

• 1 decade ago

Very easy in high tech today.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

real high-grade spooks cans, easily. they see you when you are sleeping. they know when you are awake. so you better watch out, better not pout, so be good for goodness sake!

• Ahmad
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yes the police can

• 1 decade ago

Yes, they can...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.