When television was real tv?

Who out there remember old saturday tv? Like: Destroy All Monsters, The Crawling Eye,Creature From The Black Lagoon. Shows like:Tazan,,Jingle Jim,PattyDuke,Medical Center,Chips,Hot l Baltimore ,Diana Carrol. I could go on&on.The Bibical shows and musicals at holiday times. I mean real good saturday and eveningtime television. Saturday tv nowadays is boring and a waste. Most of tv programming is Bah Hum Bug. House on ch:5 is one of the best shows on tv.

Best Answer

I'm Kiwi and don't know your faves but I wish we still had Sunday night horror movies. Used to stay up late and watch old b&w Boris Karlov movies.

i think we are being bombarded too much with "celebrity" and "reality" type TV programmes which in most are too many.and they have all these phone polls and people are still suprised when the rigging is still going on even though this has been brought up many times on many shows and yet stupid people still keep wasting their money on em.

I remember tarzan, but not many other shows you mentioned but viewing was better with shows such as 3-2-1 although the second half was very bizzare(especially some of those clues), Gambit, The Generation Game and Sale of the Century.

• jagar

Room 222

Emergency

Odd Couple

Get Christy Love

Gumby

yep,tv nowadays is total crud.i remember Saturday night tv of the "a" team,generation game ,its a knockout,3.2.1 etc ,yep the glory days are gone for good.now we are subjected to all these reality type shows,x-factor,celebrity come dancing,etc total rubbish!

• only heard seen Tarzan on my english tv

• Tango

You must be American cause I aint' heard of none of these.

• Perry

Tango - ditto! :D