Kitchen Remodel: Install cabinets or hardwood floors first?

I am remodeling my kitchen (cabinets countertops and hardwood flooring) and doing the installation myself. The hardwood floors will run from the kitchen into the dining room. There is only a pennensula of cabinets/countertop dividing the two rooms. I am wondering if I should install the hardwood floors first, so... show more I am remodeling my kitchen (cabinets countertops and hardwood flooring) and doing the installation myself. The hardwood floors will run from the kitchen into the dining room. There is only a pennensula of cabinets/countertop dividing the two rooms. I am wondering if I should install the hardwood floors first, so that they run under the cabinets first, or install the cabinets and lay they floor around them. It seems to me that there are benefits of both. It may be easier to install the floors first, but may require more material. This would raise the cabinets, which may affect the sink plumbing requiring some new pipes. Installing the canbinets first would result in lower cabinets unless I raised them with extra subflooring. Also, which would be better to keep the stove and dishwasher at the right levels. Can the legs on these appliances be adjusted as necessary? Thanks!
Update: I should clarify that the existing floors are linoleum in the kitchen and carpet in the dining room, so I can't follow what was previously done.

So, is it recomended to run the hardwood under the stove and dishwasher?
Update 2: Does anyone think I need to add extra subfloor to raise the cabinets if I do them first?