Can cancer patients and survivors get a tattoo? My daughter says no because of the ink and needles.?

Just wondering cause my daughter(18) has Hodgkins Lymphoma and I thought it was an interesting topic to find information on. Where can I find more info on that?

Favorite Answer

depending on the person doing the tattoo If you immune system is low or if he cuts to deep or causes an infection that is no good / the American Cancer Society does not say no , but does not recommend it especially while you are going thru treatment - This also goes for diabetics

Lymphoma Cancer Tattoos

I had Hodgkins when I was 15 and I have a tattoo. Why wouldn't cancer survivors be able to get tattoos? As long as it is done professionally and in a sterile way, I don't see what the issue would be.

I know that when i got my tattoo, they pull out a brand new ink, and brand new needle out of the packaging. I dont see why they wouldnt be able to give her a tattoo. Either way they dont ask about that kind of stuff (at least not that i remembered)

• Aileen

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes. And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you. Visit here : https://tinyurl.im/aH1c1 to find out what all the fuss is about.

Yes, as long as their immune system isn't compromised at the time the tattoo is done.

I get really good answers from WEBmd.com The only thing I know is that with old tats, you may not be able to get an MRI if it was needed.

Source(s): I know a tattoo artist.