What's the best champagne you've tasted? How much did it cost?

Favorite Answer

Best champagne?

That's hard to say because there have been plenty that were good, but not all are good all around. I had an Asti Spumante in Italy that was quite nice but I have no idea what the brand was. There was a Hungarian champagne my folks used to get that was nice and was pretty cheap at $10 a bottle. As for a sparking wine, I did have a sparkling icewine once that totally blew me away. It's around $70 for a half bottle however.

From a personal point of view balancing cost with taste, I'd say either a Moet & Chandom or Veuve Cliquot.

As for cost, that really depends on where you are and how much alcohol costs there. I can pick one of these up at the local foreign food shop for a little over $30 US.

• mark

The most expensive I've tasted was Dom Perignon. It was very good but I didn't feel it was worth the $100 price. I enjoy sparkling wines and have been buying Spanish ones because of the quality/price combo. For around $10 you can get a nice bottle. I like Frexinet, or Cordoniu. I also like an American bottle from tWashington State called Chateau Ste. Michelle. Also in that $10 range.

Of all the champagnes I've had, both super expensive and dirt cheap, my absolute favorite is Ballatore, for about 5-7 dollars. Tastes better than many 40 dollar bottles I've taste-tested it against.

Veuve Clicquot is my absolute in demand. you're able to desire to purchase a non-classic "Yellow label" for a life like fee, or you will locate a number of their classic Champagnes that are drastically greater. the final suggestion i ought to offer to you is to purchase authentic Champagne, from France. clean wine (fairly those from California) could nicely be fairly nasty. in case you like something greater funds friendly, seek for Prosecco, clean wine from Italy.

Moet Chandon and Vive Clicquot - both about $50 a bottle

roederer cristal rose 1979, it cost about 280.00 in the early 80's.