Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Should I spell it Taylor or Tayler?

I have always loved this name for a girl even before it was a top name so don't try and complain about how overly trendy and popular it is..it's the name in my heart so I'm using it..lol..MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Favorite Answer

Taylor is cool and classic for a girl's name. Tayler is wild and exotic. I actually like Tayler better because of the spelling and originality. I also like Taylor too. The question here is, do you like the cool and classic name or the wild and exotic name? If you were going to name someone Taylor or Tayler, it would just depend on the personality of the person. If the person was cool and calm-like then I'd go with Taylor. If the person was wild, fun, exotic, one-of-a-kind, and creative, I'd go with Tayler.

Well, since Taylor has been an overly popular top 100 choice for nearly 20 years now (top TEN half of those! LOL), and you've liked the name even longer than that, it seems a fairly simple solution would be to go with this very common traditional form.

Tayler is just a lesser-used variant, and with a name that's been overwhelmingly popular for so long already, it seems odd to even consider it.

Ps. Per some above comments, a less common spelling of a hugely popular name is no less common or more "original, wild OR exotic." ROFL It's the same name, said the same, still just as common ... only more prone to misspelling and mispronunciation. That's just bizarre logic, to be honest.

• Rachel

Taylor

Out of Taylor and Tayler I like Taylor. But I also like the spelling of Tayla an Taylha.

I like Taylor. Merry Christmas!

• launer

Oh costly. there is not any end to the procedures you will locate Taylor spelled. i've got seen a good number of. some that spring to thoughts are Tyler, Tailor, Taler, Toler, Thayer, Taller, Tailer, Tylert etc. purely think of each and all of the accents interior the English conversing worldwide and that they are all spelling Taylor the way that they pronounced it at one time or yet another.

I personally like Taylor

haha def. Taylor, because even though Tayler is unique, it will be much easier with the o, and less misspelled. My best friend since middle school's name is Tayler, and it is constantly misspelled!

Best of luck

emily

i like this name... it's really cute! I like it Taylor best, but if you want it a bit more unique, spell it Tayler. It's different.

I like Taylor, but all that matters is what YOU like best! However, Tayler is a lot less common and more orginals, like the others said.