how do you replace the battery on the Thomas the Train jet engine?

Favorite Answer

loosen the phillips-head screw on the underside front center of the jet engine train (you might not have noticed it - it is behind the coupling magnet assembly, which you can move to the side and also has an opening to access the screw) - once the screw is loosened, you can lift up the 'jet engine' from the base to access the battery enclosure

• zubik

Thomas And The Jet Engine

• June

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awBqZ

If it's the blue one with the plastic blue track you have to squeeze the right center wheel and left center wheel. Thomas has 6 wheels so the 2 center wheels, after squeezing, will make the top portion pop off. Then you put in a size AA battery. That plastic blue track Thomas is my son's favorite...but really really really really hard to open. I don't have the strength in my hands to do it...my husband does it. You will feel like you're breaking it. Most of the other ones have a screw that opens. If the train has a coal car (henry and emily both do), you just pop the top off the coal car and use a size C battery.

• Joanne

Is it the kind that fit on the wooden track? If so, look for a screw (philips size) on the underside of Thomas near his face. The body shell should lift off. We use rechargable batteries as our train tends to be turned on and forgotten as it churns away in a corner.

How wonderful that I can find the answer on the internet - thanks!