Christians....what if someone came to you?

This is directed towards any variety of christian really, (and yes, this includes catholics, mormons and jehovas witnesses) What would you say if someone came up to you and said that they were part of a group that was a "perfected" variety of your kind of christianity (lutheran, baptist, catholic,... show more This is directed towards any variety of christian really, (and yes, this includes catholics, mormons and jehovas witnesses)

What would you say if someone came up to you and said that they were part of a group that was a "perfected" variety of your kind of christianity (lutheran, baptist, catholic, ect, whichever applies to you) and that they were Jewish and believed in the same things you did, except that they did not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, or the Messiah or a prophet or anything remotely like that. that in fact, they did not believe he ever even actually existed.

how would you react? remember that in this hypothetical, they are going around teaching that it is acceptable to be as you believe, but minus giving Jesus any signifigance or recognition?
Update: edit: clearly I mean that they said they were christian, and believed the same as you, not Jewish.
Update 2: Steve. ... what? nonsensical answer. Wonderwall and Hasse, please understand that this is my point. those who call themselves "Messianic Jews" are PRECISELY equivalent to a person who says they are christian, yet does not consider Jesus to have been signifigant or exist. they claim to be Jewish... show more Steve. ... what? nonsensical answer.
Wonderwall and Hasse, please understand that this is my point. those who call themselves "Messianic Jews" are PRECISELY equivalent to a person who says they are christian, yet does not consider Jesus to have been signifigant or exist. they claim to be Jewish yet their beliefs are in absolute irreconcilable contradiction with the core beliefs of Judaism.

and Hasse, also, I'm pretty darn sure that "Jew" comes from Judaism, which comes from the tribe of Judah.

Pilgrim, thats my point! its much less clear to most people with this exactly equivalent scenario for Judaism, as most do not UNDERSTAND Judaism sufficiently. Just as one cannot be Christian without Jesus, one cannot be Jewish WITH belief in Jesus.