jack
jack asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

How much does a typical handgun cost?

How much does a typical hand gun cost?

Favorite Answer

I going to make some assumptions that when you say typical you mean: An all around handgun made, by a reputable manufacturer, of good quality that can be used for Self defense or target shooting, that is a magazine fed semi-automatic holding 13 or more rounds. It all depends on brand and where you buy, but based on those characteristics it will run you between $500 - $900 dollars.

• Judith

$1

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How much does a typical handgun cost?

How much does a typical hand gun cost?

Source(s): typical handgun cost: https://shortly.im/HlcwU

How Much Do Guns Cost

• Colt

350.00 to 600.00 and up. Depends on what you want. I have several Taurus handguns that are copies of Beretta and smith and Wesson guns. They perform well and on average are 100.00 to 150.00 less than the brand name.

They are not just cheap copies either. When Beretta pulled out of Brazil, leaving the molds and parts for the guns was part of the deal.

You can read about it on their website.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/64OF0

really depends on what you want it for as far as caliber, finish, quality etc. but be looking to pay around 400-650 depending on the gun. obviously i could have put the 3000 price out there for a top of the line 1911 or 7000 for a gold plated desert eagle but i didnt think he was looking to go for anything that high on his first buy lol do you know any details of what youre looking for? maybe what you plan to do with the gun? feel free to message me if you want some decent links to worthy sites for pricing and research

What is "typical" in your world?? I am real fond of the 1911 .45 auto. I have four. "Typically" I have paid between $700 and $900 for them.

I also like the .45 Long Colt single action revolver. I have three Ruger Vaqueros that I paid an average of $400 for.

I have been looking to add a four inch barreled Colt Anaconda, .44 mag., to my collection. When I can find one, the price, typically, ranges close to $1,000.

Recently my Sister-In-Law wanted to get a simple double action revolver for home defense. I got her a S&W, four inch heavy barrel, .38 cal. Model 10 revolver. Typical cost for such a gun is about $250.

Price depends on what you are looking for.

You can pretty much find some decent ones for under or around $600 (excluding 1911s)

rimfire: @ $275-$600

centerfire: @ $400-$800

These are averages minus taxes based on what is new, not used. These are averages base on sales in SW Ohio.

Excluded are used guns (including surplus), exotic guns, or limited ed. guns.

$250.00 to $800.00 Buy used and save $$$$.* A new handgun does not shoot any better than a good used handgun.*

Source(s): You cannot teach what you have not experienced.*