PearApple asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Do you think WR Derrick Mason should be in the Hall-of-Fame after he retires?

I don't mean first ballot, but should he get in eventually?

Best Answer

Sorry but no. He has been a solid player in this league, often one of the most underrated. However, if a player like Art Monk has been denied to the Hall, no way Mason would make it.

I like Derrick Mason, however, I do not see him being a Hall - of -Famer only because he is a role player. He's been in the league for 11 years and he has yet to be known as a receiver that teams fear. He has had many 1000 yd seasons, however, in 11 years he only has 47 TDs. He's a good player who will help the team get 4 - 5 first downs, usually in their own territory, but it seems that when they are in the opponents territory or in the red zone he seems to just disappear. He is a very good player, however, he is not hall of fame caliber.

No,If Art Monk isn't in Derrick Mason doesn't deserve to be there.

NO. I LIKE DM, I MISS HIM IN TENNESEE, BUT DM IS NOTHING MORE THAN A ROLE PLAYER. I THINK THAT MOVE TO BALTIMORE AFFECTED HIS GAME. HE WAS NO LONGER A FAN FAVORITE, AND I REALLY THINK THAT AFFECTS A PLAYER'S EGO WHICH SHOWS IN THEIR PLAY. I DON'T THINK HE'S IN LINE TO BREAK ANY RECORDS. BARRING B'MO DOING A COMPLETE 180 NEXT SEASON AND WINNIG IT ALL, WITH DM ACTING A COMPLETE DONKEY THE WHOLE SEASON, PLAYOFFS, AND SOME KIND OF MIRACLE PLAY IN THE SUPERBOWL, HE WILL NOT BE A IN THE HOF.

good point shorty !!! if someone like art monk can't get in, then why should mason be in? he wasn't that much of a threat here in tennessee, and when he jumped to baltimore he became less of a threat. no i don't see it happening.

Not a chance!

You are joking I hope.

• Andy

No offense, but no.

WHO?????