(A) and (B) but (C) or (D) as
22. Mary gave me a piece of ____ cake last week.
(A) made-home (B) home-made (C) home-making (D) making-home
23. Some fruit ____ very quickly in room temperature.
(A) endangers (B) transports (C) melts (D) decays
24. Rainy days always bring us _____ trouble and inconvenience.
(A) a deal of (B) a number of (C) a great deal of (D) large numbers of
25. The workers have been working in this building _____.
(A) since last month ago (B) since last month (C) for last month (D) a month ago
26. The meeting finally ____ at twelve o’clock.
(A) came to an end (B) took in (C) to stir up (D) look out upon
27. "Green with envy" means a jealous attitude, but for some people, green _____ peace.
(A) symbol (B) symbols (C) symbolizes (D) symbolically
28. There is little _____ that his spa treatment works.
(A) predictive (B) proverb (C) prove (D) proof
29. _____ goodbye, we watched the plane get ready for take-off.
(A) Waving (B) To wave (C) Waved (D) Having waved
30. Taiwan is known _____ its beautiful scenery.
(A) as (B) by (C) for (D) with