My one year old just drank toilet water?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Is anyone a nurse or a pediatrician and would know if she can get sick....????????
Best Answer
She'll be fine
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (25)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Mickeytopdog answered 6 years ago
    I am not a nurse or ped. but if you had no toilet additives like those drop in tablets then all your one year old drank is stale water. provided your toilet is clean that is. if you had the additives or toilet cleaners in it I would be more concerned and would take the baby to a doctor with a lable or descrition of what was in the toilet water and get their professional advice.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Noodle answered 6 years ago
    Well if the toilet was not used at the time and it is cleaned weekly, it will be fine. The dirtest place in your house is the kitchen sink and they say if you drop somehting in your toilet it is usulally beter than droping it in your sink. This is because toilet water is constantly running. I wouldn't worry about it. Some people in the world drink way worse water everyday! if your child becomes ill take them to the doctor but other than that i think it is fine!
    • 2
    • Comment
  • David C answered 6 years ago
    As an EMT in Indiana I personaly have never heard of a child becoming sick from that as long as there was no cleaning product in the bowl at the time your child had drank out of it she should be fine. But if you feel that there could have been cleaning product in it feel free to contact your local E.R. or call the poison control number in your area .
    • 2
    • Comment
  • James H answered 6 years ago
    It really depends in what condition your bowl is in .

Take them to a doctor tommorow if she is looking ill
    • 2
    • Comment
  • cutesy76 answered 6 years ago
    If it was freshly flushed, is cleaned on a regular basis, and no blue stuff in the bowl... they will be fine. There is nothing you can do for her at the moment. It is a longshot that she will get sick. You should get a toilet seat lock. They sell them with the child proofing supplies.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • cireengineering answered 6 years ago
    As long as the bowl is clean and there was nothing in the water she should be fine.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • PupeTTo Loco answered 6 years ago
    Your baby will be fine
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Danielle answered 6 years ago
    Toilet water is sanitary... As bad as it sounds, it is NOT that bad...

Source(s):

Personal expierience
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Cruz and Kinsley's momma answered 6 years ago
    I HATE to admit this but my son dipped a binky in the potty one time and stuck it in his mouth before I could stop him. He was fine and your baby will be fine too!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Hello to Danger answered 6 years ago
    I drink toilet water all the time and so does my dog and we're perfectly fine.

Source(s):

your baby will be fine
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• spongebob! answered 6 years ago
    dogs drink toilet water all the time, and their mouths are cleaner than ours. as long as it was clean you shouldnt worry
    • 1
    • Comment
  • rhea s answered 6 years ago
    my son had done that too and my mother had told me that if he is strong nothing will happen to him. so i did nothing about it and he has been fine since then.

Source(s):

You could visit website, http://www.learning-graph.com , which has excellent resources for children activities, children's diet, confidence building, skill building.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sweety answered 6 years ago
    I'm not a nurse but i think she will be ok. I remember when my 4 year old sampled the kittens kitty litter. lol. True though. I think toilets when pressing the flush button get filled up with clean water anyways( like water you drink). If anything develops in 24 hrs then i would see a doctor. Could be a good thing.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Rubber Ducky answered 6 years ago
    Did someone just "went"? If so then you must call a doctor. Try to rinse it out of your kid's mouth.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ccpickney94 answered 6 years ago
    Toliet water is clean. I hope there wasnt a poop stain on the toliet bowl though. You should call your local physician.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Alexis . answered 6 years ago
    ew
    I hope it wasn't blue,
    and he might be ok, I don't know.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • diannaleigh85 answered 6 years ago
    i would think she would be fine as long as the toilet is clean. which i'm pretty sure we dont have to worry about since you do have a 1 yr old ;)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • r. d. naples answered 6 years ago
    Now is the time for her to get sick... it'll help build her immune system... i'm serious.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • boxnndatol22 answered 6 years ago
    congrads you have a one year old. whatchyou been teaching that poor kid.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Fadi answered 6 years ago
    Yes, while urine and stool are sterile when fresh, they are a great breeding ground for bacteria. I recommend you go see a pediatrician to prescribe antibiotics just in case.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • chupacobra108 answered 6 years ago
    im no doctor but i would contact your pediatrician or poison control or something.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • zimmiesgrl answered 6 years ago
    Where the hell were you?
    • 2
    • Comment
  • amanda answered 6 years ago
    take him/her to local hostpital.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mommyof3 answered 6 years ago
    As a mother please listen to what Im about to say to you. If you are ever worried, scared, concerned that your child's health is at risk DONT ASK PEOPLE ON THE NET WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call the dr!!!!!!!! Why in the world would you think its okay to take the advice of strangers concerning your childs health????
    • 1
    • Comment
  • jammy answered 6 years ago
    your one year old just drank toilet water & u r now wasting ur time on internet...hurry up & rush him 2 a doctor
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock