Yuck! My brother in law, who's 28 keeps getting poop on my toilet seat?

Yes I know this is gross, but I am so serious. My brother in law is freakin nasty. The last time he stayed at my house, he got poop all over our toilet seat. My husband and I could not figure out HOW this happened, so we confronted our 7 yr old who denied it. So our 7 y/o is gone, and he spent the night again. Why was there poop and urine all over the seat again, and the wall? This is so nasty, I don't even know how to address the issue, and my husband is no help, its his brother, but he won't say anything. To make matters worse, I just had surgery and am not very mobile, but I'm having to bend over my own toilet, not to mention, tell all my friends not to sit on it. My husband works all day, so I have to wait for him to get home, and clean it because as I mentioned earlier, I'm not very mobile rt now. HELP! How do we tell him, and why do you think he's getting doodoo everywhere? I should mention he's a very popular, well dressed man, and yes very gay

Favorite Answer

gosh that's gross.. i feel bad for you. Just let him know, hey man, if you're gonna use the bathroom, make sure you leave it how you found it... clean. Say you would really appreciate the help since you can't be doing a lot right now. Dang girl, good luck, that really sucks. Who cares how he got it there, you'd think he would have enough common courtesy to clean up after his self... sicko...

I would ask him (with as much innocence as possible) if he could help you out with cleaning your bathroom for you, as you noticed that it's getting out of hand... although you have NO idea how that is happening (try to sound like you really mean it.) Tell him that you have friends coming over and that you'd do it, but you're not feeling very well yet from the surgery and that it's hard for you to get it done by yourself and that you'd really appreciate it. (Try not to gag while talking to him and act sincere.) Do the puppy eye look and if he makes an excuse or refuses, then I'd ask him if he could find another place to stay then because it's just too hard on you and your husband--just make sure that your husband will stand with you on that one before giving any ultimatums, or then you'll be stuck in the situation. It's really sad that he's 28 and is that inconsiderate. . . my guess is that he is probably resentful or has other issues that is playing here and this is only a symptom. (If it's more than urine on the floor or seat--then I would guess that this is not an "accident.") Good luck.

Not that uncommon of a problem. We have a hired hand with the same "Problem" (Bad aim--he IS straight though :) ) I finally had to take drastic measures. I made sure the toilet was clean and literally WAITED for him outside the bathroom. When he came out, I went in and immediately said "HEY, come back here" and pointed out "this mess needs to be cleaned up" When he said "It wasn't me" I had to tell him, it most certainly was and he could clean up after himself or never use the bathroom in the house again. He was mad and embarrassed, but he KNOWS I will send him elsewhere to "do his doody" if I find the mess again. Good luck, you're gonna need it if you are the one that has to confront him,.

Maybe try by explaining that you are not able to help around the house very much at this time and you would really appreciate it if he could lend you a hand by picking up the bathroom after he is finished using it and such. That is a tough one! Good luck

Have your husband or whoever is doing the shopping for you get some of those Lysol cleaning wipes in a container. Watch and when he goes into the bathroom, quickly hand him the container as he enters and say, "hey, we are asking everyone to pls. keep the bathroom tidy for the next person, thanks". Smile and turn away before he can say anything.

I would simply confront him about it. Be point blank. Tell him he's making a mess in the bathroom when he uses the bathroom, and here's the cleaning supplies to clean it up with. If he refuses, then I'd point him to the nearest hotel, and tell him if he's going to be gross in MY house, he's not welcome.

Normally, I'm in favor of letting the blood relative to the offender handle it, but in this case, I'd take care of it myself. That goes beyond the realm of common decency.

Good luck!

You simply gotta confront him as he was your 7yr old. It's your house! He's not your gay brother! Everyone in that house should be involved in finding out how sh!@ is on the bathroom wall!

Source(s): I'm smart.

tell him the blunt truth and just try to be sincere. you could try to tell him that you cant deal with someone ruining your house. you paid for it. as for being sincere just point out that you hate cleaning up big messes.try to bring it up in a conversation.talk about house cleaning or something. say you need to clean the house and you hate cleaning up messes.

If your husband won't do it then you will have to. He's an adult and so are you. You can start out by telling him where you keep the cleaning supplies.

there is no perfect or good way to tell him so the next time he goes to your bathroom just have a rag and cleaner handy and when he comes out hand it to him and tell him if he doesnt mind to go clean what he left behind or dont use it any more..goodluck...