What is the name of this paper game?

I used to play it as a kid in school. Earlier today I was playing with a piece of paper and I made it. I have included pictures of it. I would like to know its actual name. Please cite sources. Thank you!!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/yahooansw...

• Favorite Answer

when i was in school we called it a cootie catcher... since the final outcome when opened fully was the person you were likely to be with... kinda like a magic 8-ball

It had several variations when I was a kid. The simplest one was the cootie catcher: when opened in one sense the inside was blank. Then you would peck in someone's hair and open it up the other way and there were bugs drawn inside it. Sometimes we drew a face on the outside (whatever a cootie catcher was supposed to look like! LOL!).

Another variation was a sort of fortune teller thingy, with numbers written on each inside face. I don't remember exactly, but there was some sort of random counting or rhythmic rhyme you would recite, which would decide how it would be opened: you'd open it back and forth in the two ways as you counted or recited the rhyme, and whatever way it was open at the final beat offered the choices to the other player. They would choose one of the visible numbers, and you would open up the corresponding flap, and underneath there was some kind of message or fortune written for them.

Sources? My own (by now vague) memories!

Here is a site that tells about the Fortune Game

It gives directions on how to make one also. We used to love that game as kids!! I don't remember either if this is what we called it. Not sure it actually had a name....hmmm.

I dont know if it has a name...its just a game we all used to play in grade school to make silly predictions.

• its just called a fortune teller

Source(s): myself....i dunno, I just KNOW thats what its called...