Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Question for military people?

I Msgt I know told me once that in the assigning working place he's at on TDY, they like to put people from his rank and up because junior NCOs like Tsgt. or below were not mentally prepared for the job. Of course his job has to do with delicatly stuff but I know a Tsgt. in that place before. Didn't place someone lower again. He said that young people don't use their head so much. addressing to them... What you think. I'm civilian sorry don't know much about those things.

• Mac
    Favorite Answer

I think he's bragging on himself a little bit. Ego is a terrible thing. I'm deployed right now, AND I fill in for a Master slot occasionally. I also know a Master who was fired from the same position. It is usually based on rank, but when you are deployed, sometimes you have to figure out who can step up. Alot of it has to do with the person filling the slot in question. But, personally, I think he likes hearing himself talk.

Source(s): Technical Sergeant, USAF, deployed OIF

Sadly, alot of higher ranking people believe that all of us lower ranking people are young, dumb, and irresponsible. Sure there are some out there who are "young and dumb" and can't handle responsibility and get into trouble, but myself and my friends are all educated, responsible, and ready to take on any task. As a matter of fact, I am an E-4 who is filling the job of an E-5 right now, and I am handling everything just fine.

It is issues like this that are making me consider getting out of the military. I don't like people assuming I am stupid just because of my rank.

Source(s): Active duty SrA (E-4) in the Air Force

tell him to get off his high horse