Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

In Halo 3, if you are playing on an Xbox Live guest account, will you be able to talk into your own headset?

If a headset is connected into your very own controller that you are using, does it let you talk to others if you are a guest of another Xbox Live account? I know that in Halo 2, only the main account was allowed to speak into the headset...

Update:

OK, because I am getting contradicting answers, I've decided to test it. I am going to start up Halo 3, but I am going to connect the headset into the guest account instead of the main one. We'll see what happens.

Update 2:

I have tested it using the above method and I have come to the conclusion that you CANNOT talk through the headset when you are the guest of an xbox live account. Of course there are ways around this such as headset splitters and such. Without these items, however, there is no way.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no you cant, me and my brother inlaw played halo 3 onlive an he was xbox live guest i though you could but nope i bough a head set for nothing but got an extra if main one breaks.

• 1 decade ago

Yep, I tried it before, it'll work. It's a working account, guest or not, the halo3 voice system is looking for.

• 1 decade ago

i thinnk but idk becouse i havent play online in like 2 months

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.