Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do I have to complete all Gen Eds before i do my entrance to major?

After two years I have to declare a major to get into my school of choice.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should be able to finish your GE's at the same time as doing your major coursework. But it depends a little on your major and what school you go to. Ask the program adviser for the major you are going into.

• 1 decade ago

It depends on the university and individual college within the system. Colleges that typically have more competitive entry requirements normally require you to complete a set core program and have a junior standing before you're allowed to enroll in the major program classes. On the same campus, however, less stringent (usually social sciences) colleges may allow even freshman to take 400 level classes, assuming you meet the prereqs.

• 1 decade ago

Usually they want the gend ed done before you enter your major. It all depends upon where you attend. Most schools consider gen ed and electives fresh and soph level classes and your major (i.e. school of business etc..) are your junior and senior level classes.

Hope this helps.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.