Do I have to complete all Gen Eds before i do my entrance to major?

After two years I have to declare a major to get into my school of choice.

Favorite Answer

You should be able to finish your GE's at the same time as doing your major coursework. But it depends a little on your major and what school you go to. Ask the program adviser for the major you are going into.

It depends on the university and individual college within the system. Colleges that typically have more competitive entry requirements normally require you to complete a set core program and have a junior standing before you're allowed to enroll in the major program classes. On the same campus, however, less stringent (usually social sciences) colleges may allow even freshman to take 400 level classes, assuming you meet the prereqs.

Usually they want the gend ed done before you enter your major. It all depends upon where you attend. Most schools consider gen ed and electives fresh and soph level classes and your major (i.e. school of business etc..) are your junior and senior level classes.

Hope this helps.