apples asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

It's Christmas again! My BPD daughter has cut me off for 2 yrs. I swore I wouldn't be the one to extend

the olive branch AGAIN. I weaken on this beautiful holiday when I want all to be peace and love. But reality is: she tortures me in this relationship. Help.

• alida
    Favorite Answer

i don't know exactly what bpd is but i do have a daughter i am estranged from. she went away and i did not know if she was dead or alive for over a year. she does not make good choices in men or friends so i thought the worse possible scenarios. before she left she trashed my house to the point of needing new furniture and carpet, she forged checks from my account, she was horrible. this is my only child. i had endured this kind of behavior for 6 yrs. growing up i gave her everything. she went to private schools, had all the stuff the other kids had. we took vacations together, we were very close. then she became addicted to prescription drugs and was no longer my daughter. i was always sure she would be found dead from an overdose. now that she is gone i wouldn't have her back in my life for anything. i know this sounds cruel but you are not going to live forever and you have to decide if you are going to let this person torture you and make your life miserable. it was very hard for me but it has been almost 2 yrs since she has left and i feel so much better. someone who has not been through something like this cannot imagine how horrible it is. they can say forgive and forget but trust me things won't stay good and you will be hurt again. best luck with whatever you decide to do. christmas will soon be over and life will go on as before.

I don't know the circumstances, besides Bi Pola disorder, but as you say, on this beautiful holiday, there should be peace and love AND forgiveness. If she has Bi Pola, you know that sometimes her choices, even if on pills to control,

will be up and down.

Of course your should extend the olive branch. Not just for her sake but for your sake also. She is your daughter and no matter the circumstances with BPD, you love her and deep down she loves you.

Try a different approach than you have before (of course I don't what you have done before),

Imagine that you pick up the phone and somebody tells you that your daughter was killed in a car crash. How would you feel if you are estranged from her. I apologize if that sounds harsh, but sometimes we do not think of these things, without a hint.

Peace and love

Have a happy Christmas, without regrets.

if she has borderline personality disorder she probably thinks you dont care about her that much. and maybe she thinks you deserve this.

Source(s): thumbs down me for the truth - betcha you thought she was talking about bipolars.