Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Looking for an easy duck recipe?

I have never cooked duck before, have one in the fridge (another story for another time) and would like to cook it. All the recipes I have found seem really complicated. What can I do with this duck?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ROAST DUCK

Salt and pepper the duck the day before you cook it. Prick the skin to let the juice out. Put flour and paprika on the skin. Stuff the duck with sauerkraut and caraway seed and skewer the opening. put the duck in a roasting pan with the cover off.

Cook in a 500 degree oven until well brown; about 35-45 minutes. Turn down to 350 degrees; cover; baste often with stock. Cook about 2 1/2 hours (or more) until done.

• ken G
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Do not listen to" jo" 180F will not cook a duck in 1.5 hrs. Most duck recipes for duck are involved so as to remove a lot of the fat.

• jo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

put duck in an oven bag with tin or jar of drained apricots..cook at 180 for about an hour and a half or until juice runs clear..heat the juice and add salt and pepper and thicken with flour or cornflour and use as a sauce to serve with your cooked duck(hot or cold) hope you enjoy it as much as i do xxx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.